OPEN HEEL SPLIT FIN
KICKING EASE & EFFICIENCY
Aerodynamic, Hydrodynamic, Simply Dynamic
Not all Split Fins are the same. Atomic Split Fins have a flexible blade designed with Propeller-Finâ¢ technology so kicks feel very easy and slice through the water with very little drag. Even fish envy Split Fins when divers efficiently swim with more propulsion and less effort. And that means less air consumption.
Conventional paddle fins work by pushing water rear-ward. In contrast, the split fin slices through the water with two wing shaped surfaces, creating lift and forward propulsion more like a propeller. Any water traveling over the top of the blade is funneled into and out of the opening between the blades. Drag is reduced and efficiency is increased. Atomic split fins use Propeller-fin technology to deliver ultra-high speeds with a small-range rapid flutter kick, much like a boat propeller accelerates it to higher speeds.
- Power Rails The highly resilient power rails perform as the backbone of the splitfin, storing and releasing energy with every kick. Proprietary and exclusive to Atomic Aquatics, this material will not deteriorate or lose its resiliency.
- Flex Pattens Semi-rigid battens set in the soft elastomeric blade controls the precise wing shape to optimize thrust and reduce drag.
- Split Blade The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, propelling you forward.
- High Surface Ratio Blade Large surface area blade improved pivoting, turning and alternate kicking styles.
- Hinge Points Thin, yet strong and highly flexible hinge points between the semi-rigid battens cause the blade to react quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick.
- Anatomically Correct Foot Pocket Contoured to fit your foot without stress points, with semi-open toe for added comfort.
- Power Plate Internal sole plate creates rigid platform beneath the foot for greater power transfer to the blade yet allows soft, comfortable foot pocket.
- EZ-LOK Buckle System Totally new, patented buckle system design features easy, one-handed quick release of the buckle from the fin. Re-attachment is simple and secure. U.S. Patent #6,463,640.
Fins, straps, lifetime warranty