PADI Open Water SCUBA Course Information
The PADI Open water certification course is the first stepping stone into the SCUBA world. After your certification you will be qualified to dive anywhere in the world to 60 feet. During the course you will master the skills needed to safely dive and enjoy the underwater world.
At Atlantic Pro Divers, we offer weekend group courses and private one-on-one courses for those who want a more personalized experience. We love to share our passion for SCUBA with others and see our students grow into avid SCUBA divers.
Group SCUBA course Cost: $449
- PADI eLearning
- Confined Water Pool Dives
- Open Water Spring Dives
- Rental SCUBA Gear
- Instructor Fees
- $50 Store credit for Mask, fins, and snorkel set +10% student discount
- Mask, Fins, and Snorkel
- Hotel Accommodations
Steps to successfully complete your SCUBA certification:
1. Complete eLearning and sign electronic waivers: You will receive an email from PADI with the e-learning registration link. The online academics can take 10-12 hours, plan accordingly. The final exam must be completed prior to any in-water training. After registering for your eLearning you will receive a separate e-mail from PADI with the medical/liability waivers for you to review and sign electronically. Please reply to this e-mail with copies of all signed waivers, or print and bring them to the shop, prior to your scheduled training weekend. If you do not have these waivers completed your training will be delayed and a $150 reschedule fee will apply.
- The eLearning expires after one year of redeeming the code. You must complete the in-water training within one year of purchasing the course.
2. Mask, Fins, and Snorkel requirement: Each diver must own a set of basic gear – mask, fins, booties, and snorkel. We recommend coming in to get fitted for your basic gear prior to the scheduled training weekend to save time and money. We guarantee all of our brands and ensure a perfect fit for you – should you purchase something that doesn’t quite feel right, we will exchange it. If you already own a set of basic gear it will need to be approved by a staff member before you can use it during your training. If your training is delayed due to ill-fitting gear a $150 reschedule fee will apply.
- As a SCUBA student you will receive 10% off and a $50 store credit which can be used on any purchase over $200.
3. In-Water Training Weekend: Call or come in to the shop to sign up for a weekend to complete your certification.
- In-water training includes a swim test, confined water (pool) skills, and open water dives. You must be in good health and able to swim to participate in this course. The Open water dives take place about 2-2.5 hours away so please plan accordingly. It is recommended to stay in Dunnellon, FL Saturday night. Transportation and accommodations are not included in price. Please let us know at least a week ahead of time if you need to reschedule the course. There is a $100 reschedule fee if you don’t cancel within a week.
- Orientation Options: Meet at the shop (Atlantic Pro Divers 314 14th Ave North, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250) to meet with an instructor to complete paperwork and gear orientation. If you also need to get fitted for basic gear please plan to arrive at least an hour early.
- Thursday Evening 5:00 PM OR
- Friday Afternoon 2:00 PM
- Confined Water (Pool) Dives:
- Friday 4:30 – Meet at the shop if you did Thursday Orientation. Head over to Beaches Aquatic Center in Atlantic Beach for pool dives. This takes about 4 hours in the pool. You will need a swim suit, towel, basic gear, and SCUBA gear.
- Open Water Dives:
- Saturday 10:00AM - 5:00PM Devil’s Den Williston, FL (2 hours from Jacksonville)
- Recommended to bring Lunch
- Meet at unloading area and drop off gear to Pavilion 1
- Park in main lot
- Sunday 7:45AM - 12:00PM KP Hole boat ramp at Rainbow River (2.5 hours from Jacksonville, ½ hour from Devil’s Den)
- Meet at boat ramp and drop off dive gear- do not bring anything you do not want diving down the river. (Including clothes and flip flops )
- Park in main lot
5. Certification Completion: Please return all rental gear by 3:00 PM after your course Sunday, no later than Monday. Make sure the rental gear is returned clean and hung up properly. You will be charged a $20 fee if the equipment is returned dirty. If you successfully complete all requirements of the course and return your gear the certification will be processed Monday. You will receive a temporary card via email and a hard card within 2 weeks.
**Please understand certification is not guaranteed unless all your skills are safely mastered and performed in a comfortable manner. If you need additional training you can re-take the course in a private or group setting for an additional fee. The private session is recommended for anyone who is not 100% comfortable the first time around.
If any of you have any questions please contact us (904) 270-1747.